To meet the needs of individuals and institutions of higher learning, the Villisca Public Library agrees to cooperate with area residents and institutions to support their lifelong learning goals by offering proctoring services. This service is based on the availability of personnel, facilities and technology to do so.
1. The student is responsible for having the examination and instructions sent to the library and to determine when it has arrived. All test taking requirements and instructions must be received from the issuing educational institution at least three days before any tests are taken. Students must present photo identification to the proctor at test time.
2. Arrangements to take the exam must be made at least 24 hours prior with library staff. It is the responsibility of the test-taker to schedule the timing of the exam. Examinations must be taken during library operating hours. The test-taker will allow sufficient time to take an examination before the deadline that has been established by the institution.
3. All examinations must be completed 30 minutes prior to library closing time.
4. The library cannot provide proctoring if a librarian is required to be with the student during the entire exam. The librarian will not monitor a student continuously during an exam, but may check on the student periodically.
5. Prior to taking the exam, the student is required to come prepared with the necessary supplies to take the exam. Personal items must be stored at the circulation desk.
6. A librarian will not sign a proctoring verification that attests to more than the staff has been able to do.
7. The student is responsible for any and all costs incurred by taking the examination: copies, faxing, and postage.
8. The library does not allow the installation of any special software that may be needed to complete the examination on a library computer. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the library’s computing resources are adequate for their test taking requirements.
• If the Library receives the exams via fax, there is a charge of $2.00.
• If the Library receives the exams vial email, there is a charge of $.10 per page.
• If completed examinations and materials need to be mailed by the Library, a fee of $2.00 will be charged to the student. Additional postage charges will apply as well.
• If completed examinations and accompanying materials need to be faxed by the Library, the student will be charged $2.00 plus $.25 per page faxed.