Copy, Scan & Fax
The Villisca Public Library has multiple options for faxing, copying and scanning. The library copy and fax machine is available to the public to copy, scan, send or receive documents.
- Patrons are not allowed to enter the staff area to use library equipment; staff will complete these requests for patrons.
- The library strives to maintain confidentiality when processing copy, scan, and fax requests, but makes no guarantees as to privacy, quality or reliability of the services.
- Those wishing to use these services must be aware that library services are the staff’s first priority. While copy, scan, and fax services will be done as soon as possible, the library patrons must take precedence.
- Payment for services is due when services are rendered
- Library staff can copy items up to 8 1/2 x 11 inches.
- Black and white copies are charged at $0.20 per page.
- Color copies are charged at $0.50 per page.
- Library staff can scan items up to 8 1/2 x 11 inches.
- Scans may be sent to personal or business emails or USB drives.
- Scans may be single-sided only; if scanning double-sided items; copies will be made and charged to the patron.
- Scanning services are provided free of charge on library equipment.
- Library equipment is equipped to send and receive black and white information for patrons, up to 8 1/2 x 11 inches.
- All faxes sent must have a cover sheet, which will be provided by and sent by the Library at no cost.
- The library fax number is 712-826-2686.
- The library does not fax to international numbers.
- Fax services are charged at $1.50 for the first page (cover sheet is free) and $1.00 per additional pages.
- The customer must provide a copy in an acceptable condition to be faxed.
- Double-sided documents are not faxable; photocopies are required and will be charged according to copy charges listed above.
- The Library is NOT responsible for successful receipt by the destination fax, nor is the Library responsible for any damage or loss of data or consequential damage arising out of the use of the fax. The customer is expected to confirm the receipt of the fax by the other party.
- Library staff will attempt to reach the patron if the fax is clearly marked with the name, address and phone number of the patron. The library does not deliver or persistently try to notify patrons when material is here.
- Documents may be sent and picked up during normal business hours but may be received by the fax machine 24 hours a day.
- Patrons have seven (7) days to retrieve their faxes before they will be destroyed.