Villisca Public Library – COVID-19 Library Building Reopening Phased Plan*
Phase 2 (Has been extended to April 30, 2021): To ensure staff safety, if a library patron ignores social-distancing protocols, the library management reserves the right to ask them to leave.
· High Risk patrons are encouraged to continue use of curbside pick-up or home delivery.
· Library staff will wear face masks when not at front desk.
· Library patrons will be encouraged to wear face masks.
· Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available in several locations within the library.
· Library will be open to the public, limited number of patrons in library at one time (10 patrons maximum) for book check out until 1 hour before closing to allow for cleaning.
· Wednesdays and Fridays by appointment only from 5-6 for those that work and can’t make it before 5. This will allow staff to sanitize daily.
· Saturday hours will be 9-noon to allow time for cleaning.
· Newspapers and magazines may be read at patron’s own risk. There is no good way to sanitize periodicals.
· Computer time will be limited to 1 hour. Changes may be made at the discretion of the library staff with time in between to sanitize. NO headphones will be available for checkout.
· Due to social distancing, only 2 public computers will be available at one time.
· Staff will be available to help make copies and send faxes.
· Restrooms are NOT available to public.
· Conference room NOT available to public.
*** All subject to change based on current Covid-19 restrictions***