Villisca Public Library – COVID-19 Library Building Reopening Phased Plan*
Phase 4 (by May 25, 2023): We are currently at this level of operation.
The majority of library services are reintroduced. There may be limitations on larger group gatherings for meetings and programs. Programs for children in elementary school and older may be offered, as well as adult and teen programming, and safe hygiene and physical distancing will be practiced. Staff members have been fully vaccinated.
Library is open with full hours to the public. We are happy to have the library used as a gathering place (24 patrons maximum). Keurig beverages available.
- Replace all removed furniture and slow roll out of toys
- Summer Reading Program will be in-person.
- All computers available and back to normal time limits. Headphones available for checkout.
- Restrooms available for public use.
- Water fountain will be available for public use after we get it restarted.
- Conference room available for public use.
Larger group gatherings of all ages for meetings or library programs are allowed in meeting spaces. After School Programs and school visits resume next fall.
Summary: Service desk is fully staffed. Device checkouts are permitted and all computers in operation. All seating areas are back on the floor.
*** All subject to change based on current Covid-19 restrictions***