Crayons Float or Sink?
floating or sinking crayons
Brand of crayons used:
CRAYON COLOR SINK FLOAT IN-BETWEEN
Directions: Find crayons matching colors listed above. Use only the primary colors (not blue-green or yellow-orange). Fill a clear plastic container half-full with water.
1. Predict what each color crayon will do in the water. Mark chart with P for your prediction.
2. Drop a crayon into the water and record on the chart with an X what that color of crayon did. You may have to give each crayon about a minute to settle into position. Were your predictions correct?
3. Using a different brand of crayons, repeat process and record those results. Were your results the same, or different, for each color?
4. Hypothesize why some colors floated and others sank to the bottom.
5. Reply before June 11, 2014 to qualify for a prize :o)
Thank you for participating in Spark a Reaction!